Ulūlu Recycled High-Waist, High-Thigh Bikini Bottoms, Pō'aiapuni
Pō'aiapuni is a collection of swimwear crafted from post consumer recycled materials, primarily plastic bottles. These suits hold a timeless beauty with their clean lines, clasp free top, mix + match capabilities, and high-waisted high-thigh style reminiscent of the 80ʻs, improved.
Each one of the Pō'aiapuni bikinis were made from REPREVE certified fabric which means;
- Post consumer recycled materials including plastic bottles were used to create the material these suits are made from,
- these materials were given a second life,
- virgin oil resource consumption was avoided,
- fewer greenhouse gases were emitted,
- and... water + energy were conserved in this process,
which makes a BIG difference for our future.
Follow the various paths from sea to sky to soil to stream to tree to cloud to earth to caves. The cycles go on. We must engage with this system of ho'opō'aiapuni, to recycle: creating new from old. Creating use from waste.
• Designed in Mānoa, Hawai'i
• Top features removable padding
• Bottoms feature a high-waist, high-thigh cut of the 80ʻs
• 81% REPREVE recycled polyester, 19% LYCRA XTRALIFE
• Tear-away care label
• Smooth binding, i.e. no clasps or ties
• Zig-zag stitching for extra strength
• Strong durable material
*This swimsuit is not meant to be reversible
**A NOTE ON SIZING - If you find yourself in between sizes it is safest to size down + in any case if it does not fit correctly we are happy to provide an exchange as long as it remains unused. Or send us a message in the chat bubble with your height, weight, bust, waist, and hips and we will get back to you with a size recommendation.
Size guide - Imperial (US)
|Waist (inches)||25 ¼||26 ¾||28 ⅜||31 ½||34 ⅝||37 ¾||41|
|Hips (inches)||35 ⅜||37||38 ⅝||41 ¾||44 ⅞||48||51 ⅛|
Size guide - Metric (...the rest of the world)